Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Today's blessing...

I spent most of the day with my mother-in-law. We don't see each other as much as we used to mostly because of my crazy schedule and it has been forever since just she and I got out of town together. We shopped and talked the day away but for me it was so much more than that.....today for the first time in a few weeks I actually felt like I could breathe. I know that might not make much sense but sometimes I get so worked up and worried about "life" that I just work myself into a knot so tight that I feel as if it truly is hard to take a deep breath. God blessed our time together today and sent the Spirit to fill me with peace today and that is why I want to take the time to write this.......
I heard a long time ago to share times when you see God working because it helps others. I hope maybe this will help one of you reading this post.
My other mom is human and sometimes drives me crazy just like I KNOW I do her!! (We are honest/real with each other, tell each other this, and I know she reads this blog occasionally so I'm not typing anything that I wouldn't say to her face!) I said that to say that a lot of the time I take her for granted. She is such a strong woman of faith who knows His Word and is faithful in prayer. I know that because of her prayers for me, God blessed my day with her.
This post is not about me or my mother-in-law (my other mom) but about God!
No matter how messed up life becomes and no matter how long I hold my breath to keep from crying......
HE IS IN CONTROL!
HE IS FAITHFUL!
HE IS GOING TO SEE ME THROUGH THIS DESERT!!
I am claiming that Truth today. HE IS FAITHFUL. He has taught me that over and over through the years but I am weak and sometimes I do loose faith.
While cooking supper tonight...I had to music playing through the house and heard this song which kinda inspired this whole post!!
These lyrics touched deep......
"I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart
These things, I remember
You are faithful, God, forever"


Thank you Momma Lynn for being faithful to pray for me and inviting me to be with you today.


Mostly, thank you My SWEET Heavenly Father for being a God of Peace, Mercy and Grace. Thank you for being FAITHFUL! I am sorry I am not always......I know your plans are so much bigger than my own.....
Chris Tomlin-I Lift My Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment