Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summing up summer...

I spent several days this summer with this view.....
Most days I have been in front of that laptop screen...
It has been an enjoyable summer though. 
I am so thankful that I LOVE what I do everyday and what I am being
taught each day is going to be a career that I am passionate about 
and know that God placed me in.
I have complete peace that I am doing exactly what I am suppose to be doing...
and I am so beyond thankful.
I finished my 4th semester of the nurse practitioner program yesterday.
Now I don't think anything is "official" until it is on the transcript BUT
I am going ahead and celebrating that I made ALL As this semester!! :) 
I have enjoyed many clinical experiences in Roanoke with April 
and the ER at EAMC with Brandy. 
The big question I am getting from everyone now is....
"Where are you going to work when you are done?"
Well....good question!
Honestly, I am earnestly praying for God to lead me where He wants me.
Selfishly, I would LOVE to be really close to home and serve the people of my county.
Truly I am not stressed about it though....
I really want to not "plan" anything (which you all know is SO against my nature)
I want to be where God wants me so
I am going to pray that I will relax, sit back and 
just let God open or even close doors for me the beginning of next year.

I have had so many great opportunities and hopefully some big stuff coming up
through my  GTA position at Auburn University.....
hopefully I will be posting some exciting stuff from that later ;)
Those students have my heart. I saw some of them studying away in the library yesterday.
I love how they call me "Mrs.Baggett" but mostly how much they make me feel like they truly care.
I am excited about seeing them grow and mature in nursing this fall.

I got some sweet and much needed encouragement from my sweet friend, Morgan Motes 
last week. When God puts someone on your heart....don't pass up the opportunity to encourage them!

I also got to SEE her finally this week!!!
I drove to Birmingham to have a little breakfast and of course she found a cute store for us to shop in before she headed back to Mobile.
The ROYAL baby was born...
I wanted so badly (and would have had it not been for school craziness)
to have a Royal Baby Bash at my house complete with
the girls dressing up, GiGi's Blue Prince cupcakes and coffee in fine china!
Trey though I was absoultely nuts when I told him this idea...
He wanted to know why I was celebrating a baby that wasn't even American...
REALLY???? BOYS!!!??? uuuggghhhh They SO DON'T UNDERSTAND!
I love this picture...since you all know that I literally consider myself a princess...
when the time comes for me to be blessed with a little prince or princess....
I might just have to have a polka dot dress ;)
Speaking of BABIES!!!!!
I got to hold this little miracle that I have prayed for
and prayed for and prayed for....
My sweet friend from CVMC ER, Natasha received her little 
princess miracle this past week.
Meet - Makenna Elise Daughtry

I also met the newest prince of Wadley.
Meet- Grayson Ryan Gay
Casey & Matt are proud parents of such a precious boy!
Casey is the first of MANY to come this fall....
Sherry Kay's baby boy, Cash, will be here in October!
Anna's baby boy, Axel in Novemeber!
Jenny's little princess, Caroline in December!
Leigh's BABY2 in Jan!!
SOMETHING in FOR SURE in the WATER IN WADLEY....
and for the RECORD...
I AM NOT DRINKING IT! 
NOT even cooking with it ;)
I'm cookin with grease!
Literally! I made my first batch of hotwings this week for Love.
He was super impressed and I feel so Southernly accomplished.
I hate to brag but they were finger-lickin GOOD!
Love & I did take a little weekend beach trip to my Dad's with some precious friends...
It was a very relaxing and fun trip...
filled with great food and laughter!
Love and I also "re-lived" my SR trip by going back to Live Bait!
17th Floor rocked the house! 

It's that time of year when I start to get the sickness...
FOOTBALL FEVER!!!
It has officially hit the Baggett house!!!
I am SO READY and PUMPED for this fall season!!
Can't wait to cheer on the JAGS & TIGERS!!!
For now, I am "off" for 2 weeks....
well kinda.
I am actually working and banking clinical hours before 
my classes begin mid-August but I did take a power nap today.
I had forgotten how GOOD those were...
SO I am thinking those might be worked into this little 
break quite often....
HELLO AUGUST! 





No comments:

Post a Comment