Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, February 26, 2015

One week away.....

My sweet friend Elena invited me to come and 
speak at her precious school about my love of nursing on career day. 
I loved catching up with her and talking "house building" details....
I need all her advice I can get before I begin this BIG project on my own. 
I am certain Elena already wants to block my cell number! 
I am currently reading "Kingdom Woman" by Dr.Tony Evans....
I can't even put into words.....
you just MUST READ IT!!!
Every woman must read "Kingdom Woman"
Every man must read "Kingdom Man"
and parents....there is a "Kingdom Parents" or "Raising Kingdom Kids" I think....
So thankful when God sends a big sparkle in your life through precious friendships right when you need it most! He blows me aways with His faithfulness. Thanks for loving Him big and sharing your overflow with me girlfriend! You just made my whole weekend!
Anna Fillaben: 
I cried tears of joy over this Facebook post today...
oh how thankful I am that God allowed me to witness this miracle and faithfully 
intercede in prayer for my sweet friend, Theresa:

Today I decided to look at facebook after 10 weeks of not being on here. WOW! I knew my family was keeping everyone updated on my journey and I knew a lot of prayers had been said on my behalf but, I have to admit I was overwhelmed at the many, many of you who responded to the post. I have cried and laughed. Seeing the picture when I finally got to see Bristol made me cry, what a blessing to get to see my sweet baby again. Kirby talking about me kicking my feet made me laugh, I was not the best patient for a little while. I want to thank each of you for your cards, posts, phone calls and etc. But, most of all I want to thank you for your Prayers. I could feel the comfort and reassurance of God's presence, a result of many answered prayers. I have made the statement that I would like to get on a mountain top for the whole world to hear and shout how AWESOME OUR GOD IS! I am a miracle, no doubt about it because normally it just don't happen the way it did. I want to share a little part of my journey that has been on my mind this week...On December 16th my pre-transplant coordinator called me and told me that the third lung transplant doctor had signed off and they had listed me on the transplant list. I asked does this mean I could get a phone call at anytime now for lungs and the answer was yes. She reminded me that I had to still see the surgeon the next day whom I had not met. Edward and I got up and went to Birmingham the next morning and met with the surgeon. Edward rolls me in in a wheelchair and I got up and sat in a regular chair in the room. The surgeon walks in looks at me and said can you walk? I said yes sir. Where did that answer come from, Edward had just had to roll me in? He said can you carry your oxygen? Yes sir! ???? He said then walk down this hall, I threw my oxygen over my shoulder and walked down the hall until he called me back. He asked if I was short of breath and I said yes but I am ok. He said I think you are in good enough shape to do the surgery. He then told me it might take a while to find lungs for me because I had B+ blood type, my chest cavity was small and it was oddly shaped. My sister Maria told me to just B+. The very next morning, December 18th, I received a call that they had lungs for me and I was the only recipient. Here we go! 12 hours of surgery! After the surgery the doctors told Edward had they known how bad of shape I was really in they probably would not have done the surgery. I share this with you to show you how God intervene and carried me down the hall to convince the surgeon to do the surgery. What a miracle! GOD IS GOOD! You just have to believe and put your trust in him. We THANK Him everyday for giving me a new life! I believe God is not through with me yet. I am praying for him to guide me in the paths he wants me to take. Joshua 1:9New International Version (NIV)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” 
I ask each of you to continue to Pray for me and my family, the recovery is long. But, I look forward to sharing more of my journey with you and Praising God for all he has done. 
Thanks again, Love to all, Theresa 

Trey preached from Matthew this past week in Spanish Wells....


I am coming to find a new love for hot tea.....

and continuously packing for my big trip ONE WEEK FROM TODAY....
One suitcase is fully packed! This time next week I will be in Eleuthera! Please pray for my travels, all this supplies to make it through security smoothly and my heart to be able to receive all JESUS has planned. You can only imagine how excited I am to be reunited with my baby brother!!
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."
—Psalm 32:8 

From Kari Jobe:
The Holy Spirit is our comforter, our counselor, the one who convicts, the one who encourages, the third, and for us here on earth, the most tangible member of the trinity. It’s a wonder why we don’t actively desire on a daily basis more of Him! The Holy Spirit is not a force, or a “feeling”, but rather a person, who desires to be active in our lives daily.
I believe something shifts in our lives when we welcome the Holy Spirit into every situation. We shouldn’t just welcome the Spirit into our church gatherings, but instead we should welcome the Spirit into our thoughts, conversations, workplaces, our lives at home, our marriages, and relationships as well.
This song is an invitation for the Holy Spirit to come and invade every circumstance in our lives, for the presence of the Holy Spirit removes all fear, shame, and slavery. Consider this truth, where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is FREEDOM. Freedom from sin, freedom from burdens, freedom from shame, and freedom from chains!
Invite the Holy Spirit into your present circumstance, wherever you are right now. Invite him to flood the atmosphere of your heart, your home, your car, your dorm room, wherever that may be, and watch as things shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment