Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Dear Forrest....

You along with over 500 others that couldn't actually see me in person on my birthday sent
me texts, social media messages and videos. WOW! WHAT A BLESSING OF FRIENDS & FAMILY! I loved your country twang original version of "Happy Birthday Sambo".  (“What’s normal anyways?”-Forrest)  It was exactly what my heart needed in the early mornings for my very first day of being 25. My heart was overwhelmed as I read each message and thought about how I knew each person and what they mean to my life. What a blessing it is to come from a small Southern town full of love but also the different places God has carried me over the first quarter century of my life to meet new friends! People even from your tiny island sent me messages of sweet birthday wishes. We sure miss you here but are thankful that you are RUNNING this race with perseverance and using your God given talents to share The Gospel with others. (“You have to do the best with what God gave you.” – Mrs. Gump) 
You are my very best friend! Thanks for loving me even when I am a free spirit at times.(“Stupid is as stupid does.” – Forrest Gump)  Thank you for teaching me about life and Jesus.(“Mama always had a way of explaining things so I could understand them.”- Forrest) Thank you for praying for me faithfully and being an example for so many. Thank you for having a heart for others souls and helping them along their own run. Thanks for surrendering and missing being with me on my birthday so that others will be with us in Heaven. You are a good boy Forrest. 
Don't you ever stop running!!
If you get afraid...just keep running toward Jesus and call me...I will be running with you!
(“Listen, you promise me something, OK? Just if you’re ever in trouble, don’t be brave. You just run, OK? Just run away.” -Jenny)

BUT COME HOME TO WADLEY, AL...SOON..and I'm saying that in my "Forest voice".
(Forrest: [running] I had run for 3 years, 2 months, 14 days, and 16 hours.
[he stops and turns around]
Young Man Running: Quiet, quiet! He’s gonna say something!
Forrest: I’m pretty tired… I think I’ll go home now.)


Thanks for making the past 25 years a box of chocolates.....a real real good expensive box of chocolates that I wouldn't trade for the world!
(“My mama always said, ‘Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.’”-Forrest)
(Bubba: My given name is Benjamin Buford Blue, but people call me Bubba. Just like one of them ol’ redneck boys. Can you believe that?
Forrest: My name’s Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump.)
(Forrest: What’s my destiny, Mama?
Mrs. Gump: You’re gonna have to figure that out for yourself.)
(“Me and Jenny goes together like peas and carrots.” -Forrest)
Peas and carrots, peace and much love - 
Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment