Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, September 10, 2015

The rain came...

and discouraged us a little since we don't have a roof....
but only ONE controls the weather....

the night after the big rain...
this was my devotion.
Thank you Jesus!

Genesis 8:1 (NIV) “But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded.” Christians have many benefits as children of God, but flood-free lives are not one of them. Perhaps this is one of the most difficult things to accept. Noah spent his life walking with God, yet he and his family faced a horrific storm. As the door of the ark was closed, Noah’s only hope was to trust God through the unknown. We all have faced unknown storms. The untimely death of a family member. The uncertainty of our health. Unemployment. Just to name a few. But our key verse gives us a certainty for times that are uncertain. No matter the severity of the storm or how we arrived in its eye, we can trust two simple truths about God and the floods we face: 1) God remembers His plan for us. 2) God remembers His love for us. A storm doesn’t mean God forgot us. God remembered Noah and gave him instructions to build the ark. It was Noah’s obedience that kept his family safe when the flood rose. In the same way, God directs us, and our safety often requires obedience. Whether we are currently in a storm or just on the other side of one, we can be certain our storm will end. Isn’t it comforting to know that God will be with us through it all? Prayer: Lord, these two trustworthy truths are simple. Help me to remember them when the flood comes. As Your Word has strengthened my faith, help me to encourage others. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

And then this morning I drove by our site and this was happening......

I ruined all my make up crying tears of thankfulness all the way to the clinic. Oh how underserving I am of such a special location and beautiful home. But that's how much God loves us. He gives us what we don't deserve. It took my breath away seeing that roof going up this morning! That first tiny roof upstairs that is framed out is my "WAR ROOM"! Where I will go to war in prayer for myself for God to change me to be more like CHRIST. Pray for Zack to be the Spiritual Leader of our home and for me to be an encouraging and helpful wife! Pray for our marriage to always love more and give and be faithful! Pray for our children to grow in those walls and know JESUS more than anything else. Intercede for family and friends!!! Today I'm overwhelmed with gratitude to God for my many many blessings from Him!!!May He receive all the Honor Glory and Praise for allowing this season...."For every house is built by someone but God is the builder of everything!" Hebrews 3:4





No comments:

Post a Comment