Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Monday, January 9, 2017

TOP 10 OF 2016

Reflecting over this past year and documenting 10 Monumental memories of 2016…..the first five include: 
1. Love and I bought our own business. Our open house in Jan kicked off many blessings at Genesis Weight Clinic in Downtown Roanoke!
2. ZB and I moved into our Forever Farmhouse just in time to celebrate Easter with a table full of family!! HE IS RISEN and we give Him all the Glory for this place we get to call home!! Many “first celebrations” were held throughout the year. Oh how I loved decorating especially for Christmas even if the tree took me over 10 hours!
3. I celebrated my 5 Year AUSON Anniversary with precious classmates and we said “goodbye” to Miller Hall as the School of Nursing will be relocating in 2017. What a blessing my education and time at Auburn has been in my life!
4. God continues to bless my practice with many patients. One Friday this year I saw over 40 patients with a fun crew in clinic. I have many who continue to name me as their “primary provider” and I have even celebrated with some this year for BEATING CANCER that The Lord allowed me to diagnosis! I can’t believe I have been practicing now for over 2 years!
5. I was thankful to be a part of many fundraisers throughout the year but especially loved being with my granddad at Bike Hike for the Randolph County Learning Center. We were some of the largest financial participants thanks to so many friends and family who generously gave to this cause that has been dear to my Paw-Paw for years.......

6. I turned 26 in San Antonio with some of my very best friends. Our car ride to little cowboy capitals across TX including Luckenbach was priceless! We had a ball on the Riverwalk, dance and sung Texas style! 
7. We beached it with Aunt Mollie. We had a blast in Panama City relaxing, eating, making cocktails, balcony sitting and playing quarter machines. It was a trip for just us girls that I will never forget!
8. Not only was I honored to watch my first nephew take his first breath but at 5 weeks old we also took him tailgating. I had the privilege of carrying Cooper in Jordan-Hare and experiencing War Eagle kind of traditions with him and his precious sisters! It was Emmy’s first Auburn game too!
9. I was able to spend much time with my brother throughout the year and enjoyed living only 45min apart. God opened the door for us to serve together through BCM in Wadley. Monday nights this fall were full of Bible Study and worship. Halloween night over 40+ college students and others praised Jesus under our barn and The Lord brought a strong message through Trey. God has taken my breath away and answered the cry of my heart for Trey and I to minister and make His name known as a team!
10. I spent the last days of the year on the West Coast with some precious ladies that I am blessed to call my friends. The pictures on my camera will never express the views of God's creation I was fortunate to see in California!
Early in the 2016 year, I had to say goodbye to a friend all too soon. However God taught me so many life changing lessons through Ami. Other precious friends of ours lost a son and another lost a brother. We truly just are not guaranteed another year or another moment. This year of 2017 - I am cherishing memories more intently, practicing being present with those I love, listening carefully, generously giving, staying closer to Jesus, praying fervently, soaking up every moment even the sad times because all of our moments are teaching us and hopefully drawing us closer to The Lord who will call us home! May God bless you and yours in 2017! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment