Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Monday, April 3, 2017

a sad, sentimental week.....

Emmy: Hey Honey!
Honey: What?
Emmy: I love you so much!
Honey: Thank you EMMY. I love you so much. Thank you for hanging out with me tonight! 
Emmy: It's a special night!!
Thankful for nights that I get a little one on one time with these sweet souls. Blessed to know the legacies they have loved and looked up to. May they continue to carry on what they have been taught and modeled by the best! They love with their whole heart!! Grandmother would be so proud of what I experienced tonight with her youngest great-granddaughter! As she reminded me in our last conversation "happiness is a choice". Tonight we honor you by being very "happy girls"!

Have you ever had so much good to say about a person that you can't even articulate it in writing? When the name "Ruth Bailey" is mentioned all your hear are positive, beautiful and special descriptions of how she touched the lives of every single person she ever met. My earliest memories of her are watching God's love glow off her gorgeous face in Wadley Baptist Church as she lead a church school children's group or walked the aisle greeting visitors. In my teen years, another plus of being her granddaughter's best friend meant Sunday lunches on the hill! The family love was so thick on those days that the windows could have burst!! My favorite memory from those days were Skeet saying our blessing and thanking The Lord for "Ruth" and how much she meant to him, loved her family and helped us all. I desired to have that kind of love. God knew those desires and gave me their grandson to share life with and continue the legacy they taught us. I have distinct memories in my heart of the 4 of us sitting around talking-with Fox News in the background of Skeet's "media area"-about the best grazing area for cows and where to place the new fencing. She always encouraged me to remain patient with a farmers work hours. Gifts of love, food and sometimes even crystals bowls (another special memory between just us) were given to you when you left her house. If you knew her then you loved her and she loved you. Our last conversation she complimented my nail color and then told me that she "had always thought so much of me and appreciated me always being happy". I thanked her for teaching us to be happy people. She humbly smiled and said "well happiness is a choice that we all must choose". We ended that last conversation telling each other that we had "always loved" the other and kissing each other's cheek.
I will forever cherish all the little moments I had with her. I'm so blessed to be able to be a member of her family where I get to see glimpses of her through my husband, best friend (Leigh), my other mother (Lynn), sweet Uncle John and great-grandchildren. What an honor and privilege to be raised by Ruth Johnston Bailey. She loved with when whole heart. She gave generously. She found the positive in others and complimented them on it! She found rainbows through the rain!! I am thankful that she adopted me and that her own love me like she did. We all will miss her so much but we know that she is having the most wonderful Heavenly birthday today with those that she has missed for many years!!!
Happy 1st Birthday in Heaven Grandmother......you made this world a better place in your 83 years!!!!
I prayed last year that she would be able to see Zack and I on the farm. Isn't God's timing perfect?? Exactly 10 months ago (May 30, 2016) I posted this exact picture with the following post:
Words can't describe how thankful I was to live out a dream I've had for many years. To "sit a spell" on my farm porch with an indescribable lady whom I admire and love so much. Tonight it happened and I soaked up the moments she talked about from time past. We talked about her Bob. I listened closely as she described Skeet...."Bob loved his family. He was a hard worker but enjoyed being with us." Then she paused..."I loved him." Yes, I understand all that sweet grandmother. That fine boy to your right, who you and Skeet help raise.....he loves his family and enjoys being with us but he is a hard worker. Most importantly though...I love him. Thanks for leading and leaving a beautiful legacy for us to strive for daily. I will never measure even close to you but oh how I will love big because of how you always encourage us to!
A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. Proverbs 22:1

Written by Leigh:
Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:12-17
I cannot even begin to put into words what my sweet Grandmother meant to me. She taught me so much through the way she lived her life. She genuinely loved others. She saw the good in everyone she met. She challenged me to do the same without ever speaking those words to me. For as long as I can remember if I would mention a persons name she would, without hesitation, say something kind about them. She radiated love. The verses above were exactly how she lived her life. She was merciful. She was kind. She was humble. She was gentle. She was patient. She forgave freely. She was a peacemaker. She was thankful. She loved. I am thankful to my God for the 29 years He gave me with Ruth Johnston Bailey. And I most thankful that I will be able to see her again one day-because she is Home.
Funeral arrangements:
Wadley Baptist Church
Sunday April 2
Visitation 1-2:30
Funeral 2:30
Thank you all for the sweet love and prayers you have poured over our family these past couple of days.

all of the cousins came.....



There are no words to add to the special service today except THANK YOU AGAIN. Thanks to all that loved Grandmother who came today, called, brought food, helped behind the scenes and more!! Grandmother would have loved all of us together. I'm so thankful to be a part of the fabulous Johnston and Bailey crowds!!! Wish we all gathered together more!! We are forever grateful for such wonderful friends and family. Thanks so much ðŸ’—🙌
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

My sweet great-granddaddy gained Heaven the day of Grandmother's funeral.

You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God. 1 Peter 3:4
This precious man had that quiet, gentle spirit. He had much patience too because my memories of him are with all us kids running through his house, riding bikes on the dirt road and begging him to let us feed the goats. Never once did I see him frazzled but just loving us. I cherish those days of riding the school bus to his house many years ago. I am praying for his girls and Bit as well as others that will miss him so much

No comments:

Post a Comment