Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

AUSON 2017 RIBBON CUTTING CEREMONY

This was definitely a "God Wink" moment in my life. It was a beautiful afternoon with amazing people. I was honored to speak on behalf of thousands of Auburn Nursing alumni. I wish that I would have had unlimited time to thank each faculty, staff and administration member specifically. The inspiration and encouragement that I received in this program nurtured my passionate career. AUSON impacts not only individual nurses like me but our communities, state and beyond. I'm amazed at the blessing it has been in my life and so many others. I'm forever grateful to my husband, parents, brother, family and friends that supported me and prayed for me throughout my academic career. I couldn't look off that platform at the front row-you all bring me to overwhelming, thankful tears!! Because of amazing donors like Lila White and others through The Blue Jean Ball Scholarship Fund, I was able to complete my undergraduate and graduate degrees. Now I have the privilege to serve in a professional healthcare shortage area that I've always called home!! I love my job and my patients!! Thank you to those who continue to give to Auburn Nursing. As Coach Pat Dye says "We will all need a nurse at some point in our lives so love and support nurses- especially Auburn Nursing!!" Thank you so much to everyone in attendance today and for this special honor!! I'm still trying to catch my breath. I'm an ALWAYS AUBURN girl and forever grateful that my degrees are in ORANGE AND BLUE! I love you AUSON!! Thanks for the memories, the life and the moments to come! I can't wait to see what God has in store for this new campus location and I'm really hoping He allows me to continue to be a part of it!!!
"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 

Truly a special day and honor that I will never forget!!! 















I love this picture of my Mammy holding the program in her lap with her only girls name on the agenda!









and I really got to cut the ribbon.....







I think Coach was pretty proud that I quoted him!! 





















We attended a beautiful reception inside and took a building tour.

My social media flooded with sweet congratulations from friends and family.....They were all pretty pumped and surprised that I was on the news and Auburn's main webpage too!!! 





Thank you Lord for your blessings on me!!


No comments:

Post a Comment