Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Monday, September 13, 2010

Catching up.....

Catching up...that's right, in other words this might be a long post! This has been a busy week and I must get caught up on my blogging! This is such therapy for me! I am so blessed to be able to share so many fun, special and happy times in my life. Thank you all for reading.
Today was a day full of the Holy Spirit. We had an amazing church service and I just started a women's Bible study on Sunday nights that is AMAZING!! We are doing the study "Discerning the Voice of God" by Priscilla Shirer. I am excited and so moved at how God is working!
In this bittersweet life there are moments of joy and then moments when we don't know if we can make it any further. I again am blessed to share many of my joyful moments on this blog but it truly doesn't tell the whole story of my life! There are days when I am just not okay and I couldn't make it without my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This Bible study has already taught me to pray and EXPECT the Lord to speak! Then WAIT patiently on Him and have FAITH in His answers and plan. Also a very important point that I struggle with DAILY is OBEDIENCE!
I struggle with thinking I have it all together or that I can "fix" problems and circumstances but I can't do anything without HIM and HE is in control and I MUST TRUST that promise and OBEY His Word!
Whether you are in a joyful moment or a really hard,sad,tough or if you don't know if you can handle anymore......GOD IS WITH YOU.....CALL OUT TO HIM! HE WILL GIVE YOU STRENGTH AND HE IS IN CONTROL! I pray for all of you who read and keep up with me and my little life! Please let me know if there is anything specific that I can pray for you! Will you please pray for me that I will pray to Him expecting to hear His Voice and that I will be obedient to His Will!!
We sang this in church this morning and I just love it!! Take some time now to listen to the words of this song and then have some quiet time with our LOVING & GRACIOUS SAVIOR!



AUBURN FOOTBALL & 100 DAYS AWAY!

Thursday night our family got together to watch the ballgame, eat great food and celebrate 100 days away from our special day! I am one blessed girl! We are so excited about December 18!

Big Danny is the best CHEF EVER!!

As I mentioned in a previous post....
"Baby Allen" does have a name!! 
Her mommy and I went to Fun and Fancy last week and bought her 
two beautiful bibs with her monogram! 
They came in on Thursday just in time for me to run by and get them
 gift-wrapped for Leigh and
 AVA BLAKELY ALLEN!!!

BLAKELY, THIS WAS YOUR FIRST MONOGRAMMED GIFT!! ONE FROM YOUR MOMMY AND DADDY AND THE OTHER FROM ZB AND HONEY!! WE LOVE YOU!



FRIDAY WE CLOSED ON OUR NEW HOUSE SO
 I GOT KEYS MADE FOR US 
AND THE REST OF THE FAMILY!!
 OUR FIRST KEYS TO OUR FIRST HOUSE TOGETHER!! SO EXCITING!!



WE MET THE PAINT GUY TODAY AND ZACK IS COMING TO 
AUBURN WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR US TO GO SHOPPING
 FOR PAINT AND FLOORING!
I AM FEELING MUCH LIKE A BIG GIRL AND SO CLOSE 
TO FEELING LIKE A WIFE!! HAHA  
I PLAN ON TAKING MANY PICTURES OF OUR "HOME IN PROGRESS"! 
I SHOULD POST MORE THIS WEEKEND!


HAPPY 21 WEEKS BLAKELY!!
 HEY MY SWEET GIRL! HONEY HAS HAD A FUN BUT VERY NUSY WEEK SO I AM SORRY THAT MY NOTE IS A FEW DAYS LATER THAN USUAL! YOU CAN READ THE ABOVE AND SEE MOST OF THE EVENTS FROM THIS WEEK AND WEEKEND! ONE DETAIL I DIDN'T MENTION BEFORE THOUGH WAS FRIDAY NIGHT! ALL OF US WENT TO WATCH YOUR UNCLE TREY PLAY FOOTBALL! HE DID A GREAT JOB AND WE ALL LOVED BEING THERE TO SUPPORT HIM! I WILL NEVER FORGET THIS NIGHT WITH YOUR MOM THOUGH!! :) GROWING UP YOUR MOM WAS THE PICKIEST EATER EVER!!! I MENA EVER!!! SHE DIDN'T EAT ANYTHING AND WHATEVER SHE DID FIND THAT SHE LIKED SHE REALLY NEVER ATE MUCH OF IT. SO THIS WHOLE "EATING FOR BLAKELY" THING IS SO FUNNY TO HONEY BECAUSE I HAVE JUST NEVER SEEN YOUR MOMMY EAT LIKE SHE DOES NOW! IN THE PAST THERE WERE MANY MANY THINGS THAT YOUR MOM WOULD NOT EVEN LOOK AT MUCH LESS TRY....ONE OF THOSE MANY THINGS WERE HOTDOGS! SHE HATED THEM, EVEN THE SMELL OF THEM WHILE HONEY COULD EAT 2 OR 3 IN ONE SITTING! :) WELL FRIDAY NIGHT IT WAS ALMOST HALF TIME AND YOUR MOMMY SAID
"SAMANTHA, BLAKELY DOESN'T WANT A HAMBURGER TONIGHT"
HONEY: "WELL WE CAN GO OVER THERE AND SEE WHAT ELSE THEY HAVE"
MOM: "I KNOW THIS IS GOING TO SOUND CRAZY BUT A HOTDOG JUST SOUNDS REALLY GOOD"
HONEY: (not believing what I had just heard) "WELL I LOVE EM' AO YOU CAN ALWAYS JUST TRY IT AND SEE!"
SO WE HEADED TO THE CONCESSION STAND AND ORDERED SOME HOTDOGS! YOUR MOMMY WANTED TO KNOW HOW I FIXED MINE.....WELL HONEY PUTS EVERYTHING ON HER HOTDOG,SO YOUR MOM DID TOO. I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE IT!! SHE ATE A WHOLE HOTDOG WITH KETCHUP, MUSTARD AND PICKLE RELISH PLUS NACHOS AND CHEESE!!! I KNOW THIS DOESN'T MEAN MUCH TO YOU BUT THIS WAS A MILE STONE FOR ME! AFTER BEING BEST FRIENDS FOR YEARS I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SEE THE DAY THAT YOUR MOMMY ATE A HOTDOG AND THE WHOLE THING AT THAT!! I JUST LOVE IT!! YOU ARE GROWING AND WE CAN TELL!! SHE HAS A LITTLE "BUMP"! I AM GOING TO TAKE SOME PICTURES OF HER SOON AND POST! :)
I LOVE YOU BLAKELY AND CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU!!
LOVE ALWAYS, HONEY   1 SAMUEL 1:27
THIS CARTOON IS PERFECT FOR THIS WEEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment