Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, January 6, 2011

"I'm having them again...."

SO....Leigh had a doctor's appointment for her regular weekly check up yesterday at 2:30! We were SO excited to hear after her exam that things had changed and she was progressing a little!! I promised I would not go into details....I mean that is a little personal and really I mean who wants to know all that stuff....so for the remainder of this whole process I am just going to say "we are progressing" sometimes "slowly" but maybe soon "quickly"!!

I had her on my mind all night and couldn't wait to get over to see her face to face and talk about our sweet girl. So at 8am I was calling her and on her front door steps soon after that! Leigh told me that she had been having some contractions during the night but nothing consistent. We planned on going to Wal-Mart later after lunch so after a visit and much baby talk and nursery re-organization, I left to go get ready for the day!

About 12 noon I got a phone call from Leigh! She said "Hey Sam. Ummm I think I have been having contractions and well they are exactly 15 minutes apart!!!" After many questions and a few happy tears from my end of the phone, I learned that she had not only been having contractions 15 minutes apart but this had been going on since about 10:30!!! Needless to say I flew back to her house and started writing down every time she had one and YEP they were exactly 13-15 minutes apart and at about 2ish they had started increasing in intensity. I blew Mammy's phone UP all day to get a second nurses opinion about every move we were making!!

We notified the nurse and then decided to WALK!!! We walked all the way from Leigh's house downtown Wadley to First Bank and then to the Post Office and back!! Which by the way is a pretty good stretch not only for Honey but definitely for a 9 month PREGO!

Contractions continued to be pretty intense and exactly 15 min. apart!! So we called Baby Daddy, aka Matthew, whose sweet heart had been checking on us throughout the day!! When he got home we packed up all of our stuff....yes, Honey has an overnight bag too!! I will NOT be leaving that hospital!....and headed to Opelika!
When we left...the contractions had slowed down "some". By Penton...Matthew suggested we get out and WALK MORE! Okay so let me remind you that it is January so it is FREEZING and it is almost 5:30 so it is DARK! We are such idiots but idiots that are ready to meet this child!! So here we go...WALKING down CO. RD. 153 in the DARK FREEZING JANUARY weather!! Lord what we do for kids!!! :)
By the time we got there Leigh had started slowing down some....contractions not as intense and a little bit further apart. That first time is always a slow process!

So we ended up walking around Hobby Lobby & Target....spending more money on Blakely of course and then we ate a yummy meal at O'Charley's!! Leigh told me if I posted the picture of her big burger she would kill me....but I did of course take a couple of shots before we left the house!! :) I mean these are memories that must be captured right!!???!!! I know everyone thinks I am super psycho but I tell the whole family one day they are going to thank me for all these pictures, blogs, scrapbooks and all the other "crazy" stuff I get myself into!!! haha

So I just made it back to my house....I left Leigh and Matthew with strict instructions to call me ASAP if anything changes!!! I just can't wait to meet this little ANGEL!! We are so close and praying we have her here by the weekend!!
All of you please pray for Leigh, Matthew and Blakely!!! Pray for all of us too!!! We are so blessed and thankful that our family is growing!!!

Mommy, Blakely and Lovie

Honey, Blakely and Mommy

Mommy & Daddy

ALL OUR STUFF minus what's on the BACK of the truck! 

Yes...this is ALL OF US walking down Co.Rd. 153 haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment