Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Monday, September 10, 2012

Down South...

Rewind to Friday....I got to spend a day at home relaxing & catching up on school work while Love worked. That evening we rode around the farm and then he treated me to a steak dinner at home. It was a much needed night of laughs together!
Saturday morning we headed SOUTH for some USA football!! We had a blast and the JAGS brought home a WIN! Right before the bus pulled up for JAG WALK, I turned on my camera only to notice that a warning was flashing on the screen to CHARGE BATTERY! Thankfully, I found a sweet man who let me charge it in his camper at his tailgate spot before the game and Mom caught some sweet pics on her phone during JAG WALK!
Daddy seeing his boy!
and then some BROTHERLY LOVE..
I also got to catch up with my sweet friend, Morgan!
We all always enjoy spending time with her!
AS always, Trey had some of his biggest fans there cheering him on
 and waiting outside the gate for him.....
MOM
DAD
ZB
LOVE THAT BOY!!
and one long time "Trey fan"...Jimmy Light! :)
Trey has met so many precious friends at South that we LOVE...
including JAKE
Sunday morning, we headed a little further SOUTH to the SAND to meet the rest of the family for some beach time! I got some studying accomplished by the pool and then took a good long NAP in my lounge chair.....let's just say I am a beautiful mixture of a lobster with raccoon eyes and Rudolph's nose....oh yeah, it's real CUTE :) 

I realized mid-afternoon that I left my camera in Mobile at Trey's apartment.....you all can only imagine the meltdown and anxiety I had because I couldn't snap pictures of B splashing in the pool with her hot pink shades! So, Honey failed at documenting this beach trip....I only managed one picture on the iPhone from pool time! 
After a full day of sunshine we ate a yummy dinner at Flippers.
We all enjoyed being together and playing with the most precious 19 month old we know!

Leaving my camera in Mobile was a blessing for me....
it meant I got to drive back and see my baby brother one more time before coming home.
He is just a tiny glimpse of what I will feel toward my children one day...
that selfless love....
I wish I knew God's future plans for him so I could make sure he was right on
track ya know...or so that I could give him some hints to encourage him on what's to come...
or just make the tough times better...
I wish I knew when he would take that first snap, what he will be when he grows up, 
where he will live, who he will marry.....
or I wish I could just bring him home with me and lock him in a room so no one will ever
hurt him and I could have him all to myself....

Yeah, I know, realize and believe that God does all that for me.
I just have a hard time releasing all that worry and I know that is a struggle and sin for me!
I know that God knows the bigger picture, has a master plan and is totally in control....
I was reminded of this and taken back by this verse tonight.....

“Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” -Isaiah 46:4
(side note-the funny thing about this verse is I can already relate to this GRAY hair thing....y'all might not believe me but it is TRUE. I colored my hair Friday night after our little steak dinner to cover GRAY roots....No Joke! Thanks Mom for those genes! I will be GRAY by 30....well not GRAY...COLORED CONSTANTLY!) 

I am so very thankful that He is with us now and will always be....even at the end of our days.
He did make me and you. He carries us. Isn't that wonderful and amazing!!
Most days I really need someone to carry me!!
He sustains us!!
I am praying this verse over myself, my husband, Trey, my family and all of you sweet friends this week. God is amazing and He will rescue you from whatever chapter of life you are in right now!
He is our HELP....
Have a wonderful week everyone.....
Say a little prayer for Trey this week.
I need a little prayer too....First Pathophysiology Test THURSDAY!!
“A song of ascents. I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” -Psalm 121:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment