Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Since I was scheduled to work in the ER all week...I planned a family Thanksgiving Breakfast at my house so I could see everyone before heading back to work.It was a wonderful morning with a house full of sweet people God blessed me with....so much fun that we might even make this an annual tradition at our house!














I missed Daddy & Trey who had Thanksgiving in Mobile in preparation for Trey's game in Louisiana on the following Saturday. 
Before our breakfast began I shared this Scripture from Philippians 1:4-11
"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heartand, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God."


I shared this verse because it is my prayer for each of my family members and my friends.
Our lives are changing constantly...sometimes more than others.
To be honest...the "changes" in our lives this past year have at moments shook me like an earthquake. Yes, I know I can look around (not very far either) and find a family worse off than mine....we all have "changes" in our lives that shake us.
The "shaking" is never easy but One part of my life is always steady....GOD!
I am not always steady but He IS. 
He is my Rock and I am so undeserving of His grace and love
but I am so thankful for His faithfulness and the strength He has given me
to make it through the "changes"......
I just have to keep believing that He is in control, knows the bigger picture and 
He doesn't change. 

I am not sure of the changes God has in store for 2013....
especially at CVMC.
NO matter what changes occur, I will forever be grateful for the time God has given me at this facility to embrace a field that I am so very passionate about....
I will be forever grateful for the amazing friends I have met there and the FUN times we share...
like serving Thanksgiving Dinner with our house supervisor, Jared... LOL
I am truly a nurse of many trades I guess....


Back to changes....
one of my very best friends who has been my sidekick since the beginning of my nursing career
is changing positions at CVMC.
Elizabeth has helped me more than she knows not only as a nurse but just in life.....
through happy & sad times I could always count on her no matter what!
She is such a thoughtful giver and my forever sister.
Even though she will just be right up the big stairs from me 
in the OR, I will forever miss our nights in the ER together
and looking for her when I have questions!
This girl ROCKS as a NURSE and is such a FUN FRIEND!
I love you Elizabeth and selfishly want you with me
but excited about the changes that God has provided for you and your family!
You will be a blessing to those around you wherever you are....
I am beyond blessed and grateful for the precious people in my life....
thank you Lord for changes and the strength to make it through them with you....


No comments:

Post a Comment