Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Sunday, November 23, 2014

22 years and His Call...

Mrs.Betty Brown was Trey's babysitter when I began school at Wadley. Trey read the Bible with Mrs.Betty and recited (sometimes verbatim) sermons that he had heard on Sundays. He loved Jesus in a very real way from that young age. In those first 5 years of his life, he got to know Jesus and Mrs. Betty would tell my momma often that God had special plans for Trey. 
Well here we are....at his 22nd year of life. 
On mountain top experiences and crawling through some valleys, God has held Trey and prepared the way for him. The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Deut 31:8
A few months ago, Trey told our parents, Zack and me that God had called him to a place of missionary work that he has experienced several times during his college career. I fell apart. I didn't want to believe that Trey could actually move away...like really away. Where Skype would be our line of communication. Where the only way I could actually hug him would be to get on an airplane. All really selfish reasons to fall apart. Since 1992, I have felt like and acted like Trey was mine. I felt as if someone was ripping my heart out of my chest the day we dropped him off in Mobile. Every time that I visit him, I feel as if my whole heart is finally back together. I know however that he belongs to God. He is His. God's plan for Trey is so much better than mine. 
I say all this and I believe it with all my heart.....my heart is full of thankfulness, my cup overflows and tears flow.....
I will never be ready for the day to come when he leaves and I'm not promising that I will be very strong but here we are....less than a month away. I am clinging to Scripture, holding tight to Christ and praying without ceasing. That's why I type tonight. To ask you to please join with me. Please pray for Trey's Walk, this next journey, for him to be able to clearly discern God's Voice and for God to determine Trey's every step, for his safety and his health and also for the hearts of Spanish Wells. Pray for seed for the Kingdom be planted. Pray for there to be eternal decisions and for God's Presence to completely consume the village Trey will be serving. Pray for the Boykin family, those Trey will be serving alongside. I ask you to please pray for me and my parents also....may we dig dipper in The Word, increase our prayer life and hold unswervingly to the hope and faith we profess. Thank you for praying. If you would like to support Trey financially in this new chapter please contact me. I am attaching his support letter below.....
"Let your roots grow down into Him and let your lives be built on Him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness." Colossians 2:7



Dear friends & family,
You are receiving this letter because you are a special person to me. You have encouraged, supported and prayed for me and my family throughout my life. I'm reaching out to you as I begin another season of my life when your encouragement, support and prayers are crucial. I have known the Lord since a very young age. I was blessed with Godly parents who made it a priority to put my sister, Samantha and I in a church pew. Wadley Baptist Church was our church home for most of my young life. I was baptized in the walls of that building and I am forever grateful for the people of that community.
As I left for college in the summer of 2011 to play football for the University of South Alabama, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I would soon fall into the lifestyle of a typical, sinful college athlete. Football became my idol. I was so determined to earn a name for MYSELF that I spent many sleepless nights with my nose in the playbook. When I didn’t earn a starting job my freshman year I became extremely discouraged and began to turn to “worldly pleasures”. God was still a part of my life but He was never the LORD of my life. I went down roads that I always swore I never would where partying and drinking became consistent hobbies. My prayer life became spotty and nearly nonexistent.
Then the Lord changed my life forever by sending me to a place called Spanish Wells with FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes). Spanish Wells is an island very close to Eleuthera, Bahamas. There I would meet the Boykin family and Haitian refugees. The Boykin’s are missionaries from Texas who have lived on the island for seven years now. They introduced me to the Haitian people that live in a village on the island of Eleuthera called Blackwood. This village consists of hundreds of Haitian refugees ranging from the ages of 1 to 70. I was able to see poverty really for the first time. The Haitians live in very poor conditions. Most have little to no drinkable water with very few possessions. It is there that I knew I needed a Savior. It is in the jungle of Eleuthera that I truly surrendered my life to Christ and asked Him to create a new heart in me. Since then I have not stopped thinking of the Boykin family and my precious Haitian people (Colossians 1:9) and I have been praying constantly for His Will to be made clear for my life (1 Thes. 5:17).
Over the past two years, I have been able to go back and visit those amazing people twice. Each time I have learned more and more about who God is and what He wants for my life. In March of 2014, I felt the Lord call me back only this time for longer than a week. After praying, reading scripture, fasting and seeking Godly counsel I know the Lord is calling to be a missionary there. I will be joining the Boykin family on a journey to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Haitian people (Matthew 28:19).
I am inviting you to come along side me in this journey. YOU can be a part of this as much as I am for the Honor and Glory of God. I ask that you would please pray for me! Pray for His Holy Spirit to manifest on the island of Eleuthera and Spanish Wells. Pray for the Boykin family and continual growth with the Haitian people. I do also need financial support. I am praying for people to commit to monthly financial gifts to me as I serve our Lord in Blackwood. If you cannot support me monthly, even one small donation to help me will be a blessing!!
Mostly, I need your prayers! Prayer is so powerful and I am thankful for every prayer that is said on my behalf as well as Spanish Wells and Blackwood (Psalms 145:18). Thank you for all of the love and support. All good and perfect gifts come from God (James 1:17). We can only love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19)! 
In Christ, 
Trey Fetner

*Please mail any financial support to my sister:
Samantha Baggett - P.O. Box 92-Wadley, AL 36276
*I plan on leaving for Spanish Wells in December 2014 after my college graduation. Until then you may contact me personally on my cell phone, 256.596.2322
*I will be mailing out another letter after the beginning of the year with how my “first missionary month” is going and contact information for me on the island. I will be able to communicate via Facebook for those of you on social media or by email (bobcatqb16@gmail.com). I would love updates and encouragement from home! 


No comments:

Post a Comment