Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, June 29, 2017

GRANDMAMA FETNER

JUNE 27:Tonight, I easily pulled out some 20 year old and over 10 year old gifts that Grandmama Fetner gave me and my mom. Anne Duke Fetner spent her life of almost 90 years to giving, helping and loving others. She was certainly a strong woman to raise 3 Fetner boys. I remember watching her generously care for her mother, Momma Duke. She adored her grandchildren and loved hearing about all the things her great-grandchildren were involved in. She made the best chocolate oatmeal cookies, wore pretty skirts and hose all while asking about you. She prayed for her family. The quote pictured is what she gave my mom in 1997 when she graduated from nursing school. She was so proud of my mom and now me for pursing the field of nursing. This quote has been hanging in my office for several months now. It will not only always remind me of her but also of the life legacy she left us. Her life I'm sure was full of both bitter and sweet but I know with confidence that her faith was in The Lord. So today her life was made complete with no more pain nor tremors. I can't wait to see you again Grandmama. We all are just waiting on our day to go home. Until then, may we all accept what He gives and spend more quality time with those we love. We can save special gifts but the memories together are the most cherished.




Grandmama would have loved seeing this Fetner group all together. I would say, she raised some handsome boys and their genes are strong in more ways than one!!! Days like today remind me that I am who I am because people graciously prayed for me. She certainly prayed for this group to know and love The Lord. I will be forever grateful for God fearing women like her who lifted me up!! I will continue also to pray for each one pictured in this group as well as those not pictured in our family. May we all follow Anne Duke Fetner's legacy to first love the Lord and love others!! She poured our His love on others through kindness, service and prayer! ❤️🙌🏼
Luke 10:27 (NIV) He answered, “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

No comments:

Post a Comment