Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A new season...



The lessons of all sports carry over from the actual arena to the playing field of life. Rich is the man who, if only for a short time, feels the glory his body in peak condition, the bond of brothers, the sweet joy of victory and the agony of defeat. While the memories of such a time fade as a man grows older, the wisdom he gleans from the experience will echo throughout his life.


Read more: http://artofmanliness.com/2008/08/28/8-inspirational-football-locker-room-speeches/#ixzz15ESyrX5U



Well....I'm really just not ready to talk about it even though to most it probably seems just a small "something you have to do thing" and I know that but it is still emotionally draining to the big sister at this point.
Trey played his last high school football game on Friday night......
I have always LOVED football but have found even more joy in the game while watching my brother play. I have so many memories under stadium lights.
I always wanted to be the first one there, the loudest cheerleader,
and as close to my brother as I possibly could.
All these years I managed to be pretty good at all that.....
When Trey started playing in Pee-Wee I was his team's "ball girl"! Those were the days!!!
We would get so filthy at and after games sometimes, we would have to ride home
on the back of the truck and get hosed off before going in the house.
After a few years, I decided I would try to be a little cuter
than a dirty, sweaty jersey and jeans on the sidelines
and changed into my cute red and white uniform!
I cheered all my years at Wadley
and LOVED BEING A WADLEY BULLDOG!!
After I graduated, there was nothing like coming home and
seeing my sweet baby brother run on that field. Even though I couldn't literally be on the sidelines......
I still got AS CLOSE as possible!! I have spent many games half-way over the fence....sometimes threatening to come on over!! haha

Football has just been a part of our family for as long as I can remember.......
I am thankful for the lessons this game has taught us. It brought us together many nights during the week. It taught us how to support, encourage, and cheer each other on. It taught us patience and self-control. It brought many people into our lives who taught us, loved us, and became part of our family.
I will be forever grateful for this game and the memories that it has given me and my family!

Trey,
 I want to thank you for the player you are on and off the field. Thanks for all the amazing, fun memories. I will always be your biggest FAN, cheerleader and water girl!!!! I love you more than you will ever know and I am so very proud of you!! Enjoy every minute of the rest of your Senior year!! I am excited to see what God has planned for you!! Keep giving HIM all the GLORY,HONOR, and PRAISE!! We are very blessed!!!
I LOVE YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment