Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Overwhelmed in prayer....

Is it just me or do others seemed overwhelmed sometimes during prayer time. I am sure this is partly the Devil just trying to distract me.....
I just have so much going on right now. Some many blessings and joyful things that I could praise God continually for and then many other sad and worrisome issues that sometimes I just don't know what to pray for regarding the situations.
I didn't sleep well last night and woke up jsut feeling anxious and had more of the sad and worrisome issues on my mind rather than the blessings........I prayed while lying in bed but still just really didn't know what to say or where to begin. Just a bit overwhelmed and stressed I guess..........
but then I opened up a email that I recieved this morning from a woman that I don't even know that is updating me and others on the mission team in Uganda traveling to Sudan that my preacher and several good friends are apart of the next few weeks.
She explained how she had also had a bit of a rough morning at first with 2 children, home alone because her husband is also on this trip and just prayed that God would tell her husband just to call her....... well God answered her prayer and she was able to talk with him, feel better and also update all of us on the status of the group......all is well and God is working there!!!
At the end of her email though she posted this Scripture........
‎"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will." Romans 8:26-27


I know this was God talking to me this morning. I just thought I should share this because I know I am not the only one who feels this way sometimes. I also realize I am very blessed and though I have troubles and life is life which is not perfect there are so many out there that hurt worse than me and for those I pray that they find peace in the One and Only Jesus. 
I am so unworthy but thankful that I am His. Even though I am overwhelmed with some stress, I am even more overwhelmed and humbled at His GRACE, MERCY, LOVE and FORGIVENESS!! 
I hope you all have a good day and feel His Presence today!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment