Samantha & Zack

Samantha & Zack

Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.Romans 12:1

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spoken to...

I started a Bible study with just a few girls a few weeks ago. We meet once a week and I must say it has become the high light of my weeks!!! I should have know it would. Any "baby step" we take toward Him, He blesses abundantly! I am thankful for these girls and how God is working in our group and in my life! 
For all of you girls out there I want to HIGHLY recommend reading this book if you haven't already....it is an "easy read"!! I am just reading one chapter at the beginning of every week. Then throughout the week I think and reflect on that message or what specifically spoke to me.......this was definitely to me from God this week!! 

From "Creative Counterpart" by Linda Dillow
a book about "Becoming the woman, wife and mother you have longed to be"
again.....I HIGHLY recommend it!! :)

Romans 5: 2-5 
"Through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."

Often the very things a woman resists and resents are God's special tools to fashion her into the image of His son. Even though she may not see the outcome of an unruly child, an insentive husband, a financial difficutly, or a school or work problem, she does see that God has not abandoned her, and she can be sure He has a definite, loving purpose in allowing this situation in her life. This perspective is fundamental to experiencing the power of the Holy Spirit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment